Algae Based Calcium 1,000 mg
Aquamin® mineralized red algae is collected in the pristine Arctic waters of Iceland. It is rich in calcium, magnesium and more than 72 trace minerals. A growing body of evidence shows that Aquamin® helps to mineralize bone cells, and supports bone density and strength. Bone mineralization is further enhanced when taken with Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2. Our Algae-Based Calcium formula is designed to provide the structural components, as well as help support the complex processes involved in building and maintaining strong, healthy bone structure.
- Calcium has been approved by the FDA for the prevention of osteoporosis.†
- Promotes bone growth, density, and strength.
- Contains 72 trace minerals to improve the absorption of calcium, and increase bone mineralization
- Vitamin D3 effectively raises blood levels of vitamin D, a nutrient that helps support calcium absorption, and reduces the amount of calcium lost from the bone (bone resorption). Vitamin D plays many important roles in the body, several of which involve supporting bone health.
- Aquamin® has shown the ability for sufferers of osteoarthritis to reduce NSAID use by up to 50%†
- Vitamin K2 (menaquinone) is more biologically active than the more common form, Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone).
- Vitamin K2 increases the body’s formation of osteocalcin, which helps calcium bind to the
bone matrix. The binding of calcium is critical to the growth and strength of bones.
- Vitamin K2 also increases the formation of a protein (Matrix GLA-Protein) which regulates the amount of calcium present in arterial walls. This helps maintain the elasticity and overall health of arteries.